The Garment manufacturing business is one of the popular common business trends in Bangladesh. Major factors to grow up this garments sector is low labour cost, skilled educated manpower, good transportation facilities, modern port facilities, short lead time, etc. World top garments buyer and brands works in Bangladeshi apparel industries.
Bangladesh has a long tenure of apparel making experience. As a result, it easily can provide to the buyer with better quality products than any other garments manufacturing countries with a convenience price. That’s why high-ranked foreign buyers and brands are always pleased to procure apparel products from Bangladesh as they got several advantages than other competitor countries. Thus, Bangladeshi garment industries have expanded rapidly in this country, and Bangladesh achieved a lot of reputation from foreign buyers and popular brands. The yearly turnover of Bangladeshi garment manufacturing business is about 30.14 billion US dollar. Bangladesh is second biggest garments manufacturing countries in the world. More than 4.1 million people are employed in this sector. Most of them are women. 84.21% of export revenue earned from this sector to Bangladesh’s total exports of $40.53 billion in 2019.
Bangladesh is one of the best Ready Made Garments (RMG) manufacturing countries in the world. The latest statistics of BGMEA Trade Information, in the fiscal year 2018-19, the number of garments factory was 4621. Bangladesh has 5,271 garment factories in Bangladesh as of June 2019, according to the ILO (International Labour Organization). The Bangladeshi garments industries employ 4.1 million people who are the driving force behind Bangladesh’s most important industry.
Within a short time Bangladeshi garments industry has achieved huge fame to buyers for their export quality product. Day by day Bangladeshi garments industries are improving for their low labour cost, skilled and educated worker, better transportation facilities, good port facilities, short shipment time, easy order execution, raw martial produce etc. For this reason, a lot of world-renowned buyers and brands are working with Bangladesh. As a result, high ranked buyers and brands from all over the world are so much interested in place order here throughout the recent year.
List of Top Garments Buyer in Bangladesh:
In Bangladesh most of the buyers of Garments industries comes from the USA, UK, Japan, Australia, India and other European Union countries and set up their buying office to follow up the order.
- Full Form: Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Founded Year: 1947
- Founder: Erling Persson
- Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
- CEO: Karl-Johan Persson (President and CEO)
- ISIN: SE0000106270
- Website: www.hm.com
- Founded Year: July 2, 1962
- Founder: Sam Walton
- Headquarters: Bentonville, Arkansas, U.S.
- CEO: Doug McMillon (President, CEO)
- ISIN: US9311421039
- Website: www.walmart.com
3. Li & Fung
- Founded Year: 1906
- Founder: Li Daoming
- Headquarters: Hong Kong
- CEO: William Fung
- ISIN: BMG5485F1445
- Website: www.lifung.com
- Former: Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik (July, 1924)
- Founded Year: 18 August 1949 (as Adidas)
- Founder: Adolf Dassler
- Headquarters: Herzogenaurach, Germany
- CEO: Kasper Rørsted
- ISIN: DE000A1EWWW0
- Website: www.adidas-group.com
- Founded Year: May 1, 1853(as David Stern & Levi Strauss)
- Founder: Levi Strauss
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, U.S.
- CEO: Chip Bergh
- ISIN: US52736R102
- Website: www.levistrauss.com
6. VF Asia
- Founded Year: October 1899
- Founder: John Barbey
- Headquarters: Denver, Colorado, U.S.
- CEO: Steve Rendle
- ISIN: US9182041080
- Website: www.vfc.com
- Formerly: Blue Ribbon Sports (1964–1971)
- Founded Year: January 25, 1964
- Founder: Bill Bowerman & Phil Knight
- Headquarters: Beaverton, Oregon, U.S.
- CEO: John Donahoe
- ISIN: US6541061031
- Website: www.nike.com
- Founded Year: August 21, 1969
- Founder: Donald Fisher & Doris F. Fisher
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, USA
- CEO: Sonia Syngal
- ISIN: US3647601083
- Website: www.gap.com
- Founded Year: 1919
- Founder: Jack Cohen
- Headquarters: Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way Welwyn Garden City. Hertfordshire, AL7 1GA, UK.
- CEO: Dave Lewis (CEO)
- Website: www.tesco.com
- Founded Year: 1841
- Founder: Clemens &August Brenninkmeijer
- Headquarters: Vilvoorde, Belgium& Düsseldorf, Germany
- CEO: Alain Caparros
- Website: www.c-and-a.com
- Founded Year: June 24, 1902
- Founder: George Dayton
- Headquarters: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- CEO: Brian C. Cornell(Chairman, CEO)
- ISIN: US87612E1064
- Website: www.target.com
- Founded Year: 19 February 1949
- Founder: Peter and Fred Asquith & Noel Stockdale
- Headquarters: Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- CEO: Roger Burnley (President & CEO)
- Parent: Walmart
- Website: www.asda.com
- Formerly: J Hepworth & Son (1864–1982)
- Founded Year: 1864
- Founder: Joseph Hepworth
- Headquarters: Enderby, Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom
- CEO: Simon Wolfson
- ISIN: GB0032089863
- Website: www.next.co.uk
- Founded Year: 1975
- Founder: Amancio Ortega & Rosalía Mera
- Headquarters: Arteixo, Spain
- CEO: Amancio Ortega (founder)
- Website: www.zara.com
15. Old Navy
- Founded Year: March 11, 1994
- CEO: Sonia Syngal (CEO and Global President)
- Parent: Gap Inc.
- Website: www.oldnavy.com
- Founded Year: 1881
- Founder: Moses Phillips
- John Van Heusen, Dramin Jones
- Headquarters: Manhattan, New York City, USA
- ISIN: US6936561009
- Website: www.pvh.com
17. S. Oliver
- Founded Year: 1969
- Founder: Bernd Freier
- Headquarters: Rottendorf, Germany
- Website: www.soliver.com
- Founded Year: 1948
- Founder: Rudolf Dassler
- Headquarters: Herzogenaurach, Germany
- CEO: Bjørn Gulden
- Website: www.puma.com
- Founded Year: July 31, 1899 (legacy)
- November 23, 1977 (renamed as Kmart)
- Founder: S. S. Kresge
- Headquarters: Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United State
- Website: www.kmart.com
- Founded Year: 1884
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- CEO: Steve Rowe
- ISIN: GB0031274896
- Website: www.marksandspencer.com
Bangladesh is a popular high-quality garment manufacturer in the world. World renowned buyers and brands works in Bangladeshi apparel industries. Those buyers and retailers basically came from USA, UK, Japan, Australia, India and other European Union countries to follow up their bulk order by setting up a regional office. Most of the developed countries become pleased to import garment products from Bangladesh. Ready Made Garments sector is a first growing mainstream business in Bangladesh. The BGMEA (Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association) has fixed a target to earn about 50 billion USD by 2021. It’s not very high ambitious target, cause in the fiscal year of 2019-2018, we have earned about 32.92 billion USD. We have much ability to escalate it to 50 billion USD, cause last 30 years; we have gathered huge experience in this sector garments business.
10 thoughts on “List of Top Garments Buyer in Bangladesh”
We are reputed apparel buying house and most we are doing woven Tops and Bottom both Mans and Ladies. We are consist expert team and feel free to contact with us for any further assistance.
Thanks and Regards
Shahidul – Founder & CEO
Pb Eximco Bd
I want to contact you. Please Send your information!
fabrics all supply
I do not even understand how I ended up here, but I assumed this publish used to be great
This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really happy to read everthing at one place
Very well presented. Every quote was awesome and thanks for sharing the content. Keep sharing and keep motivating others.
I’m often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your web site and maintain checking for brand spanking new information.
I appreciate you sharing this blog post. Thanks Again. Cool.
Great information shared.. really enjoyed reading this post thank you author for sharing this post .. appreciated
The reported knit garments honorable buyer is wanted.
ILO Listed also